Kia Ora & welcome to the DV Bryant Trust
The DV Bryant Trust is one of the longest-running philanthropic trusts in the Waikato. The Trust’s primary objective is “to enhance human welfare in the Waikato”.
The Trust was established in 1960 but its origins stretch back to 1924 when Waikato farmer Dan Bryant (1882–1962) opened the Bryant Convalescent Home for Children in Raglan.
Several other successful social service ventures followed, but today the Bryant Retreat for Women at Whaingaroa/Raglan is the only service the Trust provides directly. The bulk of its work is as a grant maker.
The Trust's current strategic focus is grants to support work which benefits youth and education.
The Trust is governed by a Board of twelve trustees including descendants of the founder, appointments by the Anglican, Methodist and Presbyterian churches and several co-opted trustees.
The offices of the DV Bryant Trust are on the sixth floor of Vero House, 127 Alexandra Street, Hamilton.