Before you apply
Please note, if you experience any technical issues submitting an online referral, please contact us
P. 07 838-0522 E. email@example.com
Covid and the Bryant Retreat for Women
The Retreat has reopened following the move to Orange in the Covid Protection Framework. We are delighted that we can have women stay with us again and we welcome referrals.
The Bryant Retreat is for women feeling worn out, run down or exhausted and who simply need some time out for complete rest and relaxation. There are no wellbeing therapies or services offered – just good old-fashioned aroha (care) and nutritious kai (food) in a relaxing and peaceful sea-side environment.
The Retreat is not a health or disability service and cannot provide medical or mental health care or support. Guests must be medically and mentally well enough to take care of their own day to day needs. The retreat is not suitable for women who:
- have mental health issues that are not controlled/stable and need mental health management or supervision;
- are dependent/withdrawing from drugs, alcohol or other substances;
- need wheelchair access or help to move, wash, toilet, dress or eat;
- have bandages/dressings that must be professionally applied or need help to use medical equipment or take medication;
- have difficulty relating to others and/or are uncooperative/unpredictable
- have specific food allergies - we can only cater for diabetic, vegetarian, dairy/gluten intolerant diets (not coeliac disease).
- have difficulty interacting with people they don’t know