Guidelines for Doctors & Health Professionals
BRYANT RETREAT FOR WOMEN - RAGLAN
Doctors and health professionals with patients residing in the Waikato area* are invited to remind women of the availability of our RETREAT FOR WOMEN AT RAGLAN.
*Note: Area includes Hamilton, Thames/Coromandel, Hauraki, Matamata-Piako, South Waikato, Waipa, Waitomo, Taumarunui & Taupo districts.
The purpose of the Retreat is “To provide for women a retreat which offers restorative rest and time out in a quiet, nurturing haven overlooking Raglan Whaingaroa (Harbour).” It ideally suits women between the ages of 25 years and 70 years, but women under 25 or older than 70 may be considered on a case by case basis.
Click here for your copy - 'Notice to Doctors and Health Professionals'
- Referral forms are available by contacting the DV Bryant Trust Office or on our website - click here for Bryant Retreat Referral form.
- All referral forms must be completed and submitted by a GP and signed by the patient.
- Referrals are considered by our Retreat Manager and Consultant/Psychologist on the Board's current standard referral form. To enable them to accurately assess the merits of each referral and cater for your patient and the other guests in the Retreat home, please complete the application form IN FULL, giving a thorough and honest summary of your patient's current situation and difficulties.
- On receipt of a referral, an acknowledgment letter is sent to the patient/intending guest and the referring GP to confirm receipt of the referral and advise of the assessment and allocation process, including the current waiting period.
- If a referral is accepted, the guest is offered a place on the nearest available intake. Unfortunately due to demand, waiting times generally vary between three weeks to three months. However, cancellations do come up from time to time.
- Please note, notification of declined applications will go the referring GP only, to advise their patient.
- Current wait period is approximately 2-4 weeks.
The Retreat is unable to accommodate people who:
- Have a mental illness which is unstable and/or uncontrolled.
- Have a personality disorder.
- Are significantly depressed and/or anxious.
- Require medical dressings to be applied by a professional.
- Have difficulties relating to others.
- Are uncooperative or unpredictable in their behavior.
- Have a dependence on drugs, alcohol or other substances.
- Require wheelchair access or full accessible bathroom facilities.
The Retreat caters for a maximum of six guests. All guests are accepted free of charge but are responsible for their own travel arrangements. Guests are invited for a period of 11 days and asked to arrive between 2:30pm and 4:00pm on the intake Monday. Departure is prior to 11:00 am on Friday of the following week.
Counselling - Guests are able to chat informally to the staff about their difficulties but the Retreat does not offer counselling services.
Diets - Diabetic, vegetarian, gluten and dairy intolerant diets can be catered for, but no other diets or special food preparations are catered for, with NO EXCEPTIONS.
Visitors - Visitors to see guests at the Retreat are by way of arrangement with Retreat staff. Guests are welcome to meet visitors in Raglan.
Any questions about the Retreat or suitability of guests should be made to the Retreat Manager, Jenny Smith, on (07) 825 8350.
For a copy of the above information providing guidelines for Doctors and Health Professionals regarding making a referral, please click here - 'Notice to Doctors and Health Professionals'