Skip to page content

Bryant Scholarships

In recognition of the Trust’s gifting of Bryant Hall to the University of Waikato in 2003, the University established three scholarships bearing the Bryant name.

The Scholarships are administered by the University’s Scholarships Office and the Chairman and Chief Executive of the Trust serve on the selection panel for the Bryant scholarships. 

The Bryant Residential Scholarships

These assist those who have proven academic potential, but whose financial circumstances are severely constrained or those whose chances of academic success would be significantly enhanced if they could live in a hall of residence environment. 

A number of these equity-based scholarships are available each year.  Each scholarship has a value of up to $5,000, tenable for one year only, and is to be applied to board and lodgings in Bryant Hall or one of the other campus halls of residence.

The scholarship will normally be paid in two lump sums, with the second installment being conditional upon the student passing all first semester papers.

Applications are due 31 October 2012 (for First Semester 2013) and 31 March 2013 (for Second Semester 2013).

Successful candidates will normally be advised of the conditional offer of the scholarship by 30 November for Semester One applications and 30 April for Semester Two applications.  

For further information and an application form go to:  http://www.waikato.ac.nz/research/scholarships/pdf/BryantResidentialScholarship.pdf

The Bryant Residential Tutorship

This provides for senior students seeking to live in a University hall of residence on campus and contribute to its community life and the academic success of its residents.

The appointee must live in an approved hall of residence and offer and present such formal and informal tutorial assistance within the areas of his/her academic expertise to fellow residents for a minimum of 6 hours per week during the academic year. 

The tutorship will have a value up to $3,500 per annum, tenable for one year only, and will be applied to board and lodgings in the hall to which the tutor is assigned.  The tutorship will likewise be paid in two installments subject to confirmation that the recipient has provided satisfactory academic support.

Applications are due 31 October 2012 and the successful candidates will normally be advised of the conditional offer of the scholarship by 30 November.  

For further information and an application form go to:  http://www.waikato.ac.nz/research/scholarships/pdf/BryantTutorship.pdf